- We have at least three open mic slots at each show (more if time allows).
- Open Mic participants sign up before the show and and are chosen via raffle live during the show. Each performer has 8 minutes to do their thing on stage (about 1300 words). There is a timer on stage with the performer, counting down. Once the timer goes off, the story is over.
- We recommend telling nonfiction stories. The best stories quickly tell us where the story is taking place, who it involves, and what's at stake.
- Story Club loves having new storytellers on stage. We encourage everyone to sign up and show off what they've got!
- Featured performances are curated exclusively for each show by the Story Club team. Featured performers write towards that month's theme, provide drafts of their stories, and work with our producers to refine their tales.
- Want to be a featured performer? We're always looking for intriguing nonfiction stories to bring on stage. There are two steps required to becoming a featured performer. Step 1: attend a Story Club show. Step 2: email us your story.